1. The Princess and the Frog - 27.3 Million - +3600%
2. The Blind Side - 12.8 Million - -36%
3. Invictus - 10.9 Million - NEW
4. The Twilight Saga: New Moon - 7.1 Million - -54%
5. Disney's A Christmas Carol - 5.8 Million - -25%
6. Brothers- 5.5 Million - -42%
7. Armored - 4.3 Million - -44%
8. 2012 - 3.5 Million - -47%
9. Old Dogs - 3.4 Million - -50%
10. Up in the Air - 2 Million - +81%
Disney's first animated film to feature a black princess will win the weekend with ease, potentially closing in on 30M. The new Clint Eastwood film, Invictus, should open in the low double digits, though it could go lower if audiences aren't ready for another sports drama (this time South African rugby) so soon after The Blind Side. Up in the Air expands to around 50 theaters this weekend and may go as high as 2m.
Next week: the most expensive film of the year -- Avatar -- also, the Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker rom-com Did You Here About the Morgans?