1. Saw VI - 25.3 Million - NEW
2. Paranormal Activity - 22.6 Million - +115%
3. Where the Wild Things Are - 17.3 Million - -47%
4. Astro Boy - 12.4 Million - NEW
5. Law Abiding Citizen - 12.2 Million - -42%
6. Couples Retreat - 9.5 Million - -45%
7. Amelia - 6.1 Million - NEW
8. The Stepfather - 5.6 Million - -52%
9. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - 5.4 Million - -33%
10. Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant - 5.1 Million - NEW
Two horror films will duke it out for the top spot and Saw VI is likely to retain most of its former staying power. Expect a slight dip from the previous entry, though one can only hope that it sees a more significant nosedive. Paranormal Activity will have a shot at #1, but in just under 2000 theaters, it likely won't unless Saw mania has ceased. Less notable, Astro Boy, Amelia and Cirque du Freak are likely to open in a non-stellar way. Except CDF to outright bomb, as it struggles to amount a $1500 per theater average. Amelia may have an impressive average, though it could just as easily struggle.
Next week: Michael Jackson's This Is It will rule as the only new opener. The only question is, just how big it can be.